Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dustlands: Blood Red Road


When I started this book I didn't know anything about it other than the description on the back, I just thought it looked interesting in the book store. (I know I shouldn't judge it by its cover lol). However after the first 10 or so pages I actually considered not reading the rest of it. The beginning just wasn't doing it for me, and the writing style was getting on my nerves. According to the author, in a post-apocalypse world, everyone speaks like ignorant red necks! The grammar is terrible and i had to actually sound out some of the words to figure out what the character was trying to say or think. It made the book very difficult to read.

After I got past the first little bit and into the story, and my mind started to accept this strange language, the book turned out to actually be really great. The one thing I loved about it is the descriptions. I felt like the characters were going to jump off the page and into real life! Moira laid out every detail of the character so specifically it was like watching a movie in my mind.

In the end, I was disappointed to realize that the second book doesn't come out until October, but when it does I will definitely be ready. I can't wait to find out what happens to the characters, they leave it on some what of a cliff hanger.

Amazon description of book:


Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when four cloaked horsemen capture Lugh, Saba's world is shattered, and she embarks on a quest to get him back. 

Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the outside world, Saba discovers she is a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba’s unrelenting search for Lugh stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment